Monday, April 12, 2010

almost over

seriously?
really?
i am crawling out of my skin.
mainly this is because the air conditioning in humanities is breaking all of the "green" rules that UT apparently stands for.
i have mixed feelings these days.
i wake up ready to start the day.
i feel happy.
the sun radiates through my blinds like a soft kiss.
three weeks of this mundane life.
but what after?
Liz Kirk Part two: The Real World a.k.a. Life
WHAT!!!
i realized on friday after dinner with julie that i am beginning to cling to knoxville more.
who knew that that could ever happen.
the sun was setting over the downtown skyline and i began the realize that maybe i actually will miss this.
college life is bliss and for me it's coming to an end.
i may be somewhat afraid, but at the same time i am quite anxious.
i am putting a period on one portion of my life and capitalizing the letter of the first word on the next part.
it's weird.
big things are coming, i can feel it.
i need a change, though.
i am so happy here, yet i feel so stale.
my life with god is like old bread.
you eat it, but is not very satisfying.
it just tastes old and dry.
i hope that my life in nashville will be new and exciting.
full of opportunity and growth.
i turn to this new portion of my life with eyes wide open, ready to see what all is in store.

p.s. dear knoxville greenway, i will miss you dearly.

5 comments:

  1. Of course you're going to miss Knoxville.

    Take advantage of it within the next month you're there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say,

    I am so excited for you. I can't wait til you LIVE here. For good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm feeling a similar case of Knoxville clinginess too, Liz. I'm really surprised by that, considering the whole time I've been really focused and intent on trying to graduate as quick as possible.

    It's scary to have no way to know what's in store, but this is such an exciting time regardless.

    ReplyDelete