Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Angel Falls

So, today I sit relaxing after a crazy past two weeks.
I worked 9 days straight, but to get a weekend off to spend with Corbonzo!
We decided to hike to Angel Falls in Big South Fork and camp for the night.
It was quite lovely.
On Saturday, it was really sunny and nice outside, but by the time we reached the top I was very hot and sweaty!

This is the river on the trail before we began the incline.


The hike was pleasant and really cool towards the end.
This is a weird rock formation thing that we hiked through. I said that it felt like an area in an aquarium.


Once at the top, we went to the overlook to rest and stare at the most amazing view. Sadly, I didn't capture any great photos because I couldn't really see my screen. It was so bright up there and very windy!

Here's one:


We camped behind the overlook in a cool little area, had a fire and were in the tent before 8 pm... that's right. We're 22 going on 82.

In the night we were rained on a little bit and in the morning I woke up freezing.
Outside it was beautiful and foggy and we got to hike down in the rain.
Nothing like an adventure with your favorite person in the whole world.

2 comments:

  1. That overlook is the very exact spot that Adam and Kate were engaged last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! I was about to say what Ben said.

    Oh. And also, there's this:

    http://truthfulmood.blogspot.com/2009/04/angel-falls.html

    ReplyDelete