Monday, July 14, 2008

This is kind of weird

So, I guess listening to beautiful piano compositions has made me want to blog? Yeah. It's very odd. I'm sitting in my bed with my computer in my lap and I suddenly have this urge to type. This is very odd, especially since I'm a horrid typer.

I think I've realized that I quickly change emotions as I listen to certain types of music. It's almost as if I reach a point of vulnerability that I could have never reached before. It's like I suddenly feel so small. This is not stated as a depressing fact or anything, it's just that my mind gets wrapped within the song and I can't be released from it. There's this undying beauty about it and suddenly I'm in another world. For this reason alone I wish so badly that I had musical talent. I feel that I would just enclose myself in a room and never leave. It's the piano that does this to me.

I was driving last night through the mountain route to Athens. Once I hit North Carolina the sun was setting over the mountains. Moments such as this make me want to fly so badly. The scene was just... breathtaking. I wish I could just soar through the clouds and see the scene from way above. I think I mention my desire to fly often. It's these moments that I think about it the most. I couldn't get over the view. It's almost as if the breathtaking moments we experience in life are meant to clear our heads. I felt so light. After a moment, I started to think of the future and how I want to live in the mountains somewhere when I'm old and gray. I want it to be some remote place where I can be encompassed with nature and all its beauty. This thought made me smile as I drove alone on the highway. Funny, though. I constantly plan the future in my head, but once I get to thinking about it, what I want in life is likely to never happen. I feel like we can map out our lives, but that's just not the way that they were intended. I've definitely been experiencing that this summer. I had it all planned out and yet, none of it has occurred as I originally intended. It's not my plan. I have no control. I have to keep telling myself this. If I had control over my own life I'd be constantly wandering aimlessly in the dark. It's amazing. I just need to keep telling myself to let go. My life is not my own. Once you let go, everything falls into place.

Wow, stream on consciousness. I'm done. La fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment